Wednesday, June 24, 2009

moments


Dear Bloggery,

Guess what? Back in February I received my first custom order on Etsy, a cowl knit in baby poo green organic cotton yarn(hehe). Well today I received an email from the lovely Kate including photos of her wearing my cowl. It's the first time I've gotten to see someone I don't "know" wearing something I made, how exciting!!!



This was definitely the boost I needed. I seem to have fallen out of favor with Etsy lately. In the past I've had my work featured on the front page at least twice a month and a treasury I curated made the fp at least once a month. I had also been averaging 3 sales per month(not a great record but I'll take it!) June is almost over and...nada, zip, zilch, zero for all of the above. Being flat broke, this downward spiral could not have come at a worse time. I've been knitting like crazy lately, got some new creations listed and I'm working on a new line of knit necklaces. Here's the first one, "knot an emerald necklace", what do you think?


Have a great day Bloggery, I'm off to knit, take photos, and list.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely picture of your cowl modeled! Everything has been slow.... We are also moving so I can't even keep my shop updated! ...as they say, this too shall pass...

    ReplyDelete