Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 1

Dear Bloggery,

I'm not quite sure where to start. Perhaps I should tell you a bit about me. I turned 43 last month(ugh, middle age onset). I never had an interest in marriage, didn't really see the point. Well 8 years ago this past April I went ahead and did it. Who else does a technophobe like me marry...*drum roll please*, a computer scientist. You may think that would make my life easier but nooo! When I have a simple little question the answer is usually so technical and beyond my comprehension I just nod my head, say "thank you honey" and proceed over to the etsy forums. There's usually someone kind enough to explain things in idiot-speak. I had a labrador/greyhound mix, Hamlet, the best dog in the world, for 15yrs. He passed away in January:-( I'll tell you more about his antics later in another post. I live on a small peninsula on the Puget Sound in Washington. This is actually my 6th state: South Jersey, Boston, Florida, Philadelphia, Arizona and now here. Some people vacation, I move. I tought myself to knit and sew a few years ago (hubby bought me a sewing machine as a gift because he knew I had been wanting to learn). I actually make some money at it now through my etsy shop, woo hoo! Oh, I forgot to mention up front, I talk and write in a stream of consciousness so if you get confused don't worry, you'll eventually understand me ( scary thought, huh?). I also have a somewhat defective editing switch and usually just say whatever's on my mind, try not to get insulted okay.
All this chatting is making me hungry, want a snack?


spicy watermelon salad~

3T lime jc
1/2t lime zest
2T olive oil
3lbs watermelon, cubed
1/2pt strawberries, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, fine chop
basil, for garnish

wisk the first 3 ingredients together in a large bowl. add the fruit and jalapeno. toss. refrigerate for several hours before serving so all the flavors marry. right before serving, chop a few basil leaves on top. yum.
*if you don't have a zester, use a peeler for long strips of lime, then chop them.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging...great first post and recipe!

    ReplyDelete